Wednesday, August 3, 2022

August 2, 2022

 Tuesday August 2, 2022


Blog time 2115, sitting in den.


Up at 0545.  Turned off alarm.  Checked Escape which was parked outside last night because of driveway  pavement work.  Everything ok.


Returned to bed and slept in until 0730.  Finally a good nights sleep.


Nancy headed to MVP for treadmill and stationary bike.  Performed morning exercises before breakfast.  This morning I biked the 4.5 miles to Y.  


The Y was jammed with high school kids.  I bet most of the guys were over 6 foot and 200#.  My senior year in high school I was 5’8” and 150 pounds.  I was a statically average 18 year old male.  What happened?  Can it all be pizza and peanut butter?


After Y pedaled to Panera.  As usual it was cold and empty.  Ordered coffee and baguette before reading WSJ on my mini-iPad.  The mini is very light compared to the iPad Pro so it has become my go to device to put in backpack.


Left Panera at 1200 and headed home.  Total bike miles 9.5.


Shaved and showered before lunch.  After lunch we headed to Costco.  Nancy picked up a prescription and I bought a big container of mini naan.


At home I continued my daily reading.  Today is primary Election Day in Mich.  The big election in our area is for congress.  Our present Rep, Peter Meijer, is facing stiff opposition from a Trump supporter named Gibbs.  Gibbs has lived in the district for only several months.  A true carpet Bagger.


Meijer’s is on Trump’s hate list because he voted to impeach the jerk.  I cannot figure why someone would vote for an outsider, like Gibbs.


This afternoon Granddaughter Alessandra called Nancy.  They had a nice long talk.


For dinner tonight Nancy and I walked to Leo’s for hot dogs and fries.  It was a pleasant evening for a walk.  The hot dogs also good.


Got home too late for the news.  We watched an episode of Shetland.


It was pitch black when checked the courtyard at 2200.  No critters were seen.  Rain tomorrow.




No comments: