Thursday, January 20, 2022

January 19, 2022

 Wednesday January 19, 2022

Blog time 0600 sitting at Starbucks, corner Willow and Meridan in San Jose, Ca.

Jet lag must have set in because I was up at 0500.  Did my morning chores and then at 0545 grabbed my iPad and walked to Starbucks.  Starbucks is a short walk from Debbies.

It was 45 degrees, no wind and dry pavements.  Sunrise in SJ 0656, 10h of daylight.  Compared to 0807, 9h32’ in GR.

I thought Starbucks probably opened at 0600 but I was wrong they open at 0500.  Ordered oatmeal and a bagel and of course a coffee.  Sat down ate breakfast and then checked email and read news before starting some blog writing.

Bought Nancy a coffee and headed home.  This morning Nancy and I took Debbie’s dog Violet on a mile walk.  

Continued reading until the temperature reached 50s.  It was noon and I headed out on a 10 mile bike ride.  

Debbie’s home is very close to the Los Gatos Creek Trail.  As the name implies the trail runs along the creek.  It is paved and wide.  A lot of bikers and hikers were on the trail today.

First time in weeks I have been able to bike.  Biking is my only aerobic exercise without hip pain.  

After the ride took a nice hot shower before a yogurt lunch.  This afternoon Nancy and I drove to Walgreen’s and bought some supplies.  I even found time for a short nap.

Before dinner I joined Debbie and Violet on their evening walk.  For dinner tonight Debbie fixed pasta with tomato sauce.  Very tasty.

Tonight we watched the news and Jeopardy before switching to BritBox.  We watched episode 2 of “The Confession”.

Nancy and I were in bed by 2130.  It was a transitional day.

Missy FaceTimed this evening.  We had a nice talk.

No comments: