Monday, January 17, 2022

January 16, 2022

Sunday January 16, 2022

Blog time 1720 sitting in office.

I slept in until 0800 this morning.  We decided we would not drive to church but instead watch the service on YouTube.

It was very cold this morning, 3 but sunny.  Sunrise today was at 0809.  We are now at the midpoint of winter.  Another 45 days to end of winter, Feb 28.  

I did make a quick trip to Biggby coffee to get our morning coffee.  At home I fixed a bowl of oatmeal with banana to go with coffee.

Church service started at 0915.  I think because of the cold weather that most folks watched the service on YouTube.  

After church Nancy and I took a short drive.  We did stop at Panera to get our free coffee.  It was a beautiful winter’s day.

At home I took down our Christmas wreaths and changed a light bulb in a garage outside light.  Of course I also filled the bird feeders.  Last night the deer did not eat any of yesterday’s corn. They must have been spooked.

This morning I got a phone call from my high school classmate Tom Cassell.  We talked for over an hour.  Always good to talk to Tom.

After lunch I took a short nap.  Spent the rest of afternoon packing and writing blogs.

This day in 1938, Ossineke, Mi.  Great grandfather Sanborn wrote that the morning temp was 20 with light snow falling.  The 1930 evening church service only had 12 members present.  GGF reported that Great grandmother was still in bed but feeling better.

Sad news:  yesterday GGF reported that his long suffering cow had passed.  The skin was sold to a tannery and the rest to a rendering plant.

For dinner tonight Nancy fixed me a poached egg on toast.  Also had a bowl of blueberries.

Watched the news and I was going to watch 60 Minutes but the NFL game was shown instead.

Missy FaceTimed this evening.  Everything ok in LA.

Tonight we watched a show on Acorn call “The Gulf”.  It is a cop show filmed in New Zealand.  We gave it a B-.

Checked Courtyard before turning in.  Everything ok.



No comments: