Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Monday June 8, 2020

Monday June 8, 2020

Blog time 1300 sitting in living room.

Nancy took Ms P out at 0545.  It looks like another sunny warm day.

Nancy has to have a Coronavirus test this morning at 1030.  The test is required before Wednesday’s surgery.  So no walk this morning.  After the test she is heading to the Dentist to get her crown reattached.

Did my calisthenics before breakfast.  After breakfast I drove to Panera for a coffee and bagel.  Brought the items home.  

This morning I am biking to Ada to get a new mirror attached to my Cannondale bike.  The store does not open until 1000 so I did some reading before heading out.

I walked in the store and was amazed that all their huge inventory of bikes was gone.  My first thought was “they are going out of business”.  No way.  Ada Bike had sold their huge inventory as had their other stores.

It appears folks are getting into biking.  Ada Bike said they cannot get replacement bikes until September.  

Got my mirror put on and headed back home.  The trail was crowded with walkers and bikers.
Showered and dressed before heading downstairs.  Spent time in office reading and finishing yesterday’s blog.

Nancy said the Coronavirus test was painful.  They put a long swab up each nostril.  After her test she headed to the Dentist and got her crown reattached.  Also made an appointment for an implant.

Quick lunch and then I headed outside for some chores.  Got out the ladder and removed a bird’s nest that was suspended on our outdoor light.  We occasionally saw a Robin in the nest but I checked before removing and found no eggs.  I was surprised at how well constructed the nest was.

Next chore was to remove my rear carrier rack from the Cannondale bike.  Put a rack on the Bianchi.  

Found time this afternoon for a nap.  Ended the afternoon with a mile walk.

Monday night so we had a light dinner.  I had Cheerios with a scone.

Watched the news and Jeopardy before switching to Apple TV.  Nancy was tired so she headed to bed.  I stayed up and watched an episode of Bordertown.  Tonight’s episode was filmed in December.  A lot of snow and cold in Finland at this time of year.  

The temperature reached the mid 80s this afternoon so I turned on the AC.  Just before bed I turned the AC off.

Temperature tomorrow will reach the 90s.  The heat bothers Ms P.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed tonight.  We gave another positive report.

  

No comments: