Saturday, June 20, 2020

Friday June 19, 2020

Friday June 19, 2020

Blog time 1030 on Saturday in Living Room

Is the nice weather the reason I am 24 hours behind on my blog/diary?  I never seem to catch up.

Took Ms P out at 0550.  It was just starting to get light. Sunrise at 0602.  Another hot, humid but sunny day ahead.

Calisthenics at home, breakfast and then headed out on my morning bike ride.  The nice weather is really bringing out folks.  The trail was crowded with bikers and walkers.

Today Kim is cleaning the house.  As soon as I got home I take a quick shower.  Nancy wants to be out of Kim’s way so we took a 2 hour car trip.  

We continued our vehicular tour of small communities in Kent County.  Today we drove through Alaska, Caledonia and Byron Center.  All communities in southern Kent County.  A very pleasant drive.  Passed by many corn fields.  The corn will not be knee high by the Fourth of July.

Kim was just finishing when we got home at 1300.  Quick lunch.

Afternoon activities:

Called Condo Association about sprinklers not being turned on this year.  Also called sprinkler company and let them know of my displeasure.

My nap was disturbed by Nancy telling me the Irrigation Company was at the door.  I was told our sprinklers were now on.  I was also told that our next door neighbors have the on/off switch for the system.  They were in Florida and would not let them in.  

Neighbors came home yesterday and so the sprinklers were turned on.  Despite making several calls to the Management Company I was not told the neighbors control the system. The Sprinkler man and I had several harsh words about this matter.

I finished the afternoon with a short walk.

We deviated from our normal routine for dinner tonight.  We stopped at Culver’s for frozen custard.  I also had a scone with my custard.

At 1800 I turned on the AC.  Will turn it off when we got to bed about 2200.

After dinner we watched the news.  It being Friday I watched the Brooks and Shield debate on PBS.  As alway it was enjoyable.

Tonight we watched a new show on Netflix.  The name escapes me.

Warm and muggy when took Ms P out at 2200.  Rain predicted for late tomorrow.   

No comments: