Thursday, December 5, 2019

Wednesday December 4, 2019

Wednesday December 4, 2019

Blog time 1230 sitting in my office

Breakfast Club Wednesday, up with the 0515 alarm.  Took my last steroid pill and ate a banana.  Headed out at 0615.  Stopped at Panera to get a coffee to take with me downtown.  Ran into some light snow.  

Good crowd at BC this morning.  Today we had a Husband/Wife team talk about their foster home for adults with disabilities.  Really good talk.

Stopped at the Y on my way home.  Did my calisthenics at 50% and took a mile walk.  

At home I grabbed my iPad and walked to the Cascade Library.  Checked my mail and a few headlines before heading home.

The deer have been eating all the corn I put out.  Just replenished the supply.

Nancy just left for her shift at Meijer Gardens.  This evening we are attending a Christmas Gala at the Gardens.  I just pulled out my 40 year old three button blue suit.  It still fits.  I will also have to wear a tie.  I wear a tie once a year and tonight is the night.

This and that:
President Trump continues to insult folks.  Didn’t he ever hear the old Navy adage “Praise in Public, Criticize in Private”.

Despite the daily temperatures being in the mid 30s we still have snow on the ground.

High school winter sports are now underway.  The only sport I played in winter was hockey and that was on natural ice.  No high school hockey but I played in a city league and also was a member of the Alpena Merchant’s team.  We traveled to Petoskey, Traverse City and Midland for games.

In a week the UK will hold National Elections.  The entire campaign last less than two months.  Our campaign lasts 24 months.  

Being Wednesday I took out the trash and did a load of laundry.

Took a short nap and then shaved and got dressed for tonight’s big party.

As mentioned earlier I wore my 40 year old blue suit.  Also had to get a white shirt, black socks and black shoes.  I did remember how to put on a tie.  

Nancy got home early and got ready for our big night.  She really looks good.
At 1730 we left home.  Stopped at Kathi Kothe’s to give her a ride.  We arrived a little after 1800 and the Gardens was already crowded.  

Most of the men wore suits but I did see several wearing a tux.  The women were dressed to the hilt.  We spent an hour sipping free wine and milling around.  We even saw several folks that we knew.  About 400 folks were in attendance.

We had a sit down dinner.  Trout and steak were the main course, very good.  Nancy and I agreed we would forget about diets and instead indulge.  The dessert was great.

A local jazz quartet provided entertainment, very good.  We left at 2100.  As a parting gift we were give a package of cookies.  Of course I ate mine before I got home.

Got home at 2200 and headed straight to bed.  Good day!


  

No comments: