Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Tuesday December 17, 2019

Tuesday December 17, 2019

Blog time 1110 at Panera

Nancy took Ms P out at 0600.  I slept in until 0630.  

Nancy headed out at 0700 for her Tuesday swim.  Later she is having lunch with friends.  Tonight we are going to the monthly neighborhood dinner at Noto’s.

My normal weekday breakfast consists of a sandwich twin, toasted, with peanut butter and a banana.  

It was 26 when I got on my bike and headed to the Y.  My winter route is 4.5 miles.

The sun came out on my ride to Panera.  Sun is always welcome.

This and that:

The lions, red wings and pistons continue to lose.

Impeachment continues to dominate the news.

2019 will go down as the wettest year for GR.  Records go back over 130 years.

The strikes in France have put Macron’s government in jeopardy.  I happen to agree that pension reforms are needed for France.  

The small sticker on an apple are a big nuisance.  The UK in a flash of brilliance has banned the stickers.  Good move.

A heavy smoker used a can of air freshener in his car.  Later he tried to light a cigarette and the car exploded.

Today at the Y I tried to do a pushup and the pain was so bad I stopped.  I think it might be my gallbladder or appendix?  Also could be a pulled muscle.

At home I put out corn for deer.  Called the Doctor’s office about my lower abdomen pain.  I have an appointment tomorrow morning.  Quick lunch.

The downstairs was cold so I shaved and showered upstairs.  After the shower I jumped in bed with the electric blanket on full blast.  Finally I warmed up.

Nancy said she had a great lunch today with friends.

I spent the rest of the afternoon working on our annual charity gifts.  I was surprised I had already made many of this year’s contributions.

At 1800 we headed to Noto’s for the neighborhood dinner.  This is the final dinner of the year.  Good crowd.  The food was especially good.

At home we watched and episode of the “The Kominsky Method”.  I stayed up and watched another episode of the Polish crime show Ultraviolet.  Not a very good episode.

Took Ms P out at 2230 and the temp had dropped to 18.  Tomorrow will be cold.


No comments: