Monday, December 9, 2019

Sunday December 8, 2019

Weekend update for week ending Sunday December 8, 2019

Saturday December 7, 2019

Blog time 1700 sitting in living room.

Up at 0630, Nancy had just taken Ms P out.  Temperature was 27 but no wind so we decided to walk to Panera.

Saturday morning is very quiet in our neighborhood.  No traffic or folks walking.  Panera was not crowded.  I had my oatmeal, bagel, coffee breakfast. Nancy had a coffee.

Today is Pearl Harbor Day.  Not many folks were alive on December 7, 1941.  I was.  This event was a milestone event in USA history.

At home Nancy started the laundry.  I got out my winter bike and went on a 7 mile ride.  I did make a quick stop at Macatawa Bank to deposit my quarterly IRA check.

At home I shaved and showered, put out corn for deer and then made a quick trip to Groskopfs to purchase a present.

Quick lunch and then a nap.  Prepared our apple snack.

This evening we are attending the Holiday Pops.  Left home at 1730.  Parked in the City Center and walked to Panera for dinner.  Nancy wanted Panera because she wanted just a bowl of soup.  Surprise! the downtown Panera was closed.  Bummer.

We walked to the Amway and ate in their Sports Bar.  Nancy had a small chili and I had a burger and glass of wine.  The burger was especially good.

The concert started at 1930.  Full house.  Great concert, it put everyone in a holiday mood.  We got home at 2230 and headed right to bed.

Sunday December 8, 2019

I was up at 0600.  Took Ms P out.  Mild with temps in low 30s.

This morning we took our Sunday walk.  1.25 miles.

Dressed for church and made a quick trip to Panera to get us a coffee to take with us.  Left home at 0840 for Trinity Lutheran.  Good crowd at church.  

We stopped at RiteAid after church because they had a special on Fiber One cereal.  Next we stopped at Meijer’s.  Gas was $1.54.

After unloading the car I read the GRP completely.  As I have mentioned many times the GRP has to be the worst newspaper in the USA.
Lunch and then I took my Sunday nap.
Watched some of the Lions game, sad.
Fixed our apple snack.
Finished my physical activity with a 1.5 mile walk.

Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for dinner.  I had mine with spinach pie and a croissant.  

The football game delayed the start of 60 Minutes.  After 60 Minutes Nancy headed to bed.  I started watching a Polish crime show on Netflix.  It was good.


No comments: