Friday, December 13, 2019

Thursday December 12, 2019

I was up at 0550 and took Ms P out.  It was 12 degrees.  Headed back to bed.  Nancy woke me at 0710.  She was on her way to MVP for a swim.  

At 0830 I headed out for my walk to the Y.  I was bundled up.  Wind chill this morning was in single digits.

The Y was crowded with the pre holiday workout crowd.  Noted that the body pump classes and heavy duty aerobics classes were full.

Calisthenics and a walk/run this morning.  So far running several laps has been painless.  My goal is to run a mile.  Showered and then walked to Panera.

This and that:

Today is the big election in the UK.  

Why do folks pay good money for jeans with holes.  More confusing why wear them when the temp is in single digits.

In winter I wear long underwear or lined pants every day.

In elementary school all little boys wore union suits in winter.

Nancy is having lunch with her old college classmate, Karen Horlings.

Is it tacky to send an email Christmas Card?

The times have changed.  Today’s Alpena News had a picture of the AHS basketball team.  Several of the members had full beards.  Nobody, absolutely no body in my AHS class had facial hair.

Looked out the slider about midnight and saw two deer eating the corn I had put out.

POTUS mocked Time magazine’s choice for Person of the Year.  Maybe Time should award him Jerk of the Year.

After lunch I headed downstairs.  Put out corn for the deer and turned on my electric fire place.

This afternoon was dedicated to getting this year’s Christmas Cards done.  I typed a short note to put in each Card.  My handwriting is so bad that I am forced to type.  Typing is painless for me.  In retrospect typing was the best class I had in high school.  I type every day.

Thought I was late with this year’s cards but checked last year’s records and they were also completed on same day.  I must be preprogrammed?

No nap today.  At 1730 I fixed our apple snack.  

For dinner tonight Nancy fixed a stout pie with green peas.  Very tasty.  After firing up the dishwasher I prepared our nightly cheese/cracker and dark chocolate snack.

The women from Dowagiac, Mi continues to win on Jeopardy and the announcer continues to mispronounce Dowagiac.  After the show we watched an episode of Midsomer Murders.  Good episode.

It was 37 degrees at 2200.  We slept with the slider open.  Mild weather continues through tomorrow.





No comments: