Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Monday December 16, 2019

Monday December 16, 2019

I got up at 0550 and took Ms P out.  Temp was in mid 20s.

Back to bed and did not get up until 0645.  Nancy was heading out to MVP for her Healthy Life Styles class.  

This morning I decided to bike to the Y.  I lowered my bike seat so my feet can reach the ground while seated.  I have more control over the bike when my feet serve as outriggers especially during a skid on ice.

I have a new bike speedometer that uses the GPS on my iPhone.  Works fine in nice weather but this morning I put the iphone in an outside pocket. The cold drained the phone’s battery.  The speedometer did not work.  Lesson learned, put iphone in inside pocket.

The Y was jammed this morning.  Where did all these folks come from?

Sad News:  at Panera I checked my messages and I got a message from my sister, Helen, in Tucson.  Yesterday she had to take Don to emergency.  Don’s hemoglobins were low so they had to give him some blood and antibiotics.  

Nancy and I sent our good wishes to Helen.  We wish Don well.

As soon as I got home put out the corn for deer.  The deer must be spying on me.  Within an hour of putting out the corn three deer arrive and start eating.

Lunch and then ran some errands:

Stopped at bank and got money for Kim (normal fee + Christmas bonus) who cleans Friday.  Also some nice crisp bills for gifts.

The Escape had a layer of dirt so stopped at car wash.  Not an original idea at least ten cars in front of me.

Purchased gas at Meijer’s.  Gas was $2.44 per gallon.  Inside I bought some medicine and bananas.

Fixed our apple snack and then took a short nap.  

We had our typical Monday light dinner followed by after dinner snacks.

Watched news and Jeopardy.  The women from Dowagiac finally lost.  Both of us watched an episode of DCI Barnes.  Nancy headed to bed and I stayed up and watched a Polish crime show call Ultraviolet.


Mid 20s at bedtime and the weather folks say mid 20s tomorrow.  

No comments: