Monday, December 23, 2019

Sunday December 22, 2019

Weekend update for WE 22DEC19

Saturday December 21, 2019

Nancy took Ms P out at 0600 and headed back to bed.  I was up at 0630.  Nancy said she did not sleep well so she wanted to stay in bed.   She will not join me on our walk to Panera.

Panera was empty when I arrived at 0800.

Happy Winter Solstice, today is the shortest day of the year.  Nine hours of daylight, but the good news is the days are getting longer.  My biorhythms always go up after the Winter Solstice.

I had my standard oatmeal breakfast, and read email and the Alpena News.  I brought Nancy’s thermos so I bought her a hazelnut coffee.  I headed home in bright sun.

Nancy said the Taurus’s heater was acting up.  I grabbed the keys and headed out.  The Taurus is never driven on the freeway or for any length of time.  I got on M6 and opened it up.  Made some adjustments to the heater and got it working fine.  

Kim when cleaning yesterday said the toilet seat in the main bathroom was cracked.  Stopped at Home Depot and found they had plenty of Koehler seats, will purchase later.

Bought gas a Meijer’s. Gas was $2.44 today.  Also purchased bananas, Black Diamond cheese, baguette chips and wine.  Noted gas at Sam’s Club was $2.13 today, $0.30 less than Meijer’s.  Same quality?

At home put corn out for deer.  Both Nancy and I made an online contribution to the Long Beach Poly High School soccer team.  Grandson Lucas plays on the team.  The mascot for LBP team is the jackrabbit..

Quick lunch and then headed back downstairs.  Finished our annual charity contributions.  Walked to the post box to mail our checks.

Nancy fixed Shepard’s Pie for dinner.  A great winter’s dinner.  

Debbie FaceTimed us tonight.  She gave us her Holiday Plans which includes a trip to Steve’s in Long Beach.

We watched an episode of Midsomer Murders before turning in.  The mild weather continues.

Sunday December 22, 2019

We were both up at 0600.  Today we started the day with a 1.5 mile walk.  

Big crowd at Trinity Lutheran today.  Fourth Sunday of Pentecost. 

After church we headed to Costco so Nancy could check out their list of prepared meals.  Nothing she wanted.

Bought gas for the Escape at Meijer’s today.  Same price as yesterday, $2.44.  Nancy bought a ham for Christmas dinner.

At home changed clothes and then put out corn for deer.  The deer strip every kernel off the cob.  

Nancy wanted to buy some fruit at Horrick’s.  I drove her.  I purchased a 35 pound bag of corn.  A bag lasts about 10 days.

Before lunch I took a 1.5 mile walk. Bright sun and temperature in 50s.  Lunch and watched some of the Lions game before a nap.

Read the GRP before fixing our apple snack.  Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for dinner.  I had mine with spinach pie and bacon.

We called Missy this evening to check on her Christmas Day travel to GR.  Every thing is on schedule.

Reruns on 60 Minutes so we watched two episodes of DCI Banks.  Set the alarm for 0515 so I can get to the pool before it fills up. 


No comments: