Friday, September 6, 2019

Thursday September 5, 2019

Thursday September 5, 2019

Blog time 1120 at Panera

Swim day for Nancy.  She is up at 0600 and takes Ms P out.  It was dark and cold, 45.  Sunrise today not until 0710.

She left for her swim at 0730.  This evening Nancy is going to a women’s charity club dinner.

I was up at 0630.  After breakfast I had to decide to what to wear on this cool morning.  I wore long sweat pants and my new fall yellow jacket.  Good choice.

I like my new jacket.  I purchased it at my new favorite store, Mountain Warehouse.  I also purchased lined pants that I wear during the winter.

This morning I saw a large doe in the back yard.  I could not see if she had a fawn.  Sadly I saw a fawn along 28th street Tuesday.  It had been hit by a vehicle.

Great day for a bike ride.  Bright blue sky with sun.  

Calisthenics and walk before heading to Panera.  Every day I bike through Meijer’s parking lot.  It is always full.

This and that;

Hurricane Dorian hits the Carolinas.  High winds and heavy rains are causing power outages and flooding.  Rainfall in some areas are predicted to exceed 20 inches.  A record 24 hr rainfall in Mi is around 5”.  

The most 24 hr rainfall I have seen was in 1963 in Danang, Vietnam, 18”.  It washed out a large Road we had just completed to the top of a local mountain.  Large communication dishes were being constructed on the mountain top. The road had to be reconstructed.  Several years ago when Nancy and I visited Danang the dishes were still very visible.    

President Obama’s Administration had a plan to forgive student loans for public servants.  I really thought this was extremely unfair.  Why only public servants?  Today I read few folks have been able to get this break.

What a surprise!  China and USA trade negotiators are meeting in Oct. 

At home Nancy said she was worried about Ms P’s right rear leg.  She sometimes limps or even picks up the leg and walks on three legs.  I called the Vet and, surprise, got an appointment for 1440 this afternoon.

The Vet examined the leg and said she has a torn ligament.  One option that I squashed was surgery.  She is too old for surgery.  Our selected option was anti-inflammatory meds.
The stock market goes up and then down and the TV talking heads seem lost.

Nancy is leaving for her dinner at 1620.  The event is held at Blythfield CC.  Helping local charities is the Club’s goal.

I dropped Ms P off and headed to Woodland Mall.  Today I was looking for corduroy pants.  I guess men don’t wear cords anymore.  The only store that had any was J Crew and they were slim type.  Good Grief I could not get my legs into these pants.  I will have to go on-line.

I took a short nap and then for dinner I headed to Costco.  I had frozen yogurt.  Love frozen yogurt.

I watched some of the Green Bay/Chicago game.  Nancy got home at 2030 and we watched a British Crime show before turning in.







No comments: