Monday, September 2, 2019

Saturday August 31, 2019

Saturday August 31, 2019

Cool but sunny start to the day.  Last day of August which meteorologists consider the end of summer.

This morning we walked to Panera.  Nice morning for a walk.  Panera was not busy.  Most folks must be out of town for the holiday.

I had my standard oatmeal breakfast.  Nancy earned a free pastry so she had a bear claw.  I had half.

At home Nancy started the laundry.  I put my bike rack on the Escape and drove to Riverside Park in GR.  The park is the start of the White Pine Trail that run north to Cadillac, a distance of over 100 miles.  The trail is built on an old railway grade so it is relatively flat.

I headed north until Rockford, 9 miles.  The trail was crowded with bikes.  I had forgotten how nice the Trail is.  A very pleasant 18 mile ride.  My longest ride of the year.  Also first time this year I biked on the White Pine.  

At home shaved and showered before lunch.  Quick lunch consisting of yogurt with fiber one cereal and several slices of cheddar cheese on mini naan.

I spent time in the office reading the news.  Finished the afternoon with a nap followed by an apple snack.

This evening Nancy grilled a steak on our outdoor grill.  Also grilled potatoes and fresh Michigan sweet corn.  Very good.

Fixed Nancy her cheese/cracker snack.  I took a short walk in the back yard to look at the ponds.  The ponds looked fine.  

Debbie FaceTimed us this evening.  We got caught up.

We watched an episode of No Offence on Acorn.  I did stay up and watch some of the UM football game.  UM did not look good even though they won.


   

No comments: