Friday, September 13, 2019

Thursday September 12, 2019

Thursday September 12, 2019

Blog time 1130 at Panera

Rained most of the night.  Nancy took Ms P out at 0600 and came back and asked if I had put out trash because she did not see trash container.  I quickly dressed grabbed a flashlight and headed out to find trash bin.  I found it on its side about 200 yards from our drive.  Luckily all the trash was in bags, no loose trash scattered all over Tahoe Drive.  Righted the container and moved it back to the drive.

Nancy headed out to her swim at MVP.  Later she is having lunch with friends.

After breakfast I headed out.  It looked like the rain had stopped.  Just in case I put on a saddle bag and put my rain suit in it.  

Encountered a lot of large puddles on my 7 mile ride to Y.  Last night’s storm had blown a lot of branches on the path.  Also fallen walnuts and acorns littered the path.

Calisthenics and a walk at Y before heading to Panera.  Panera has a big lunch crowd.  I left at 1230 and every table was full and the drive thru traffic was backed up creating a traffic jam.  Their salads are popular with lunch crowd.

At home quick shave and shower before lunch.  Today I had a late lunch, 1400.    

With the weather starting to cool I have started wearing my favorite Merrill walking shoe.  They are waterproof, well padded and very comfortable.  However, they are beginning to break down and should be replaced.  I got in the Escape and headed to Dick’s.  Dick’s is less than a mile from the condo.  They did not have my shoe.  Bummer!  

On way home stopped at Staples.  I wanted to buy a ballpoint pen with soft stylus.   No luck.  I noted that Staples has a print section.   I asked about stick on mailing labels. They said they can make a set while I wait. I bought labels for each Grandkid.  Smallest order was 250 labels.  So I can now mail 250 notes to each Grandkid.  Should last my lifetime.

Nancy was home from lunch when I got back.  She said it was a great lunch.  They ate at the Schuler Book store’s cafe.  

I fixed our apple snack before taking a nap.  Finished the afternoon with a walk.

For dinner Nancy fixed me Trader Joe’s spinach lasagna.  She had Mac and Cheese.

Fixed cheese/cracker snack for Nancy before settling down with a glass of wine.  Watched the news and Jeopardy.  Tonight we watched an episode of Line of Duty on Acorn.  Good show!  Also watched the French serial killer show La Mante before turning.

I did watch some of the Democrat debate.  I liked comments by the South Bend Mayor and Andrew Yang.  I could never vote for Senators Sanders, Harris, Warren or Booker.  Very early but VP Binden look like the eventual winner.     

Heavy rain predicted for later tonight and should continue through tomorrow morning.     


No comments: