Friday, November 16, 2018

Thursday November 15, 2018

Thursday November 15, 2018

Blog time 1110 at Panera

Ms P got me up at 0550.  It was cold, 25, but no snow.

Nancy is going swimming this morning and later has a dentist appointment.   She is driving the Escape because yesterday the Taurus’s change oil light came on.  I will take it in the afternoon for an oil change.

After breakfast I headed to the Y.  Today I am riding the winter bike because the weather folks say it will be snowing by 1100.  They were right I just looked out the window and sure enough it was snowing.

November 15 is a big day in Mi because deer season starts today.  Even my Dad headed to deer camp.  He would leave for camp on the day before and would stay a week at camp.  Actually the camp is quite nice.  It consists of a log main building complete with lounge room with a huge fireplace, a restroom and a sleeping room.  They also had a separate log dining room and kitchen.  The camp hired local farm women to prepare three meals a day.  Not exactly roughing it.

On this date in1938, Ossineke, MI,  Great Grandfather Sanborn noted that deer season started today.  GGF was not a deer hunter because he spent a busy day cleaning and hauling manure.  He moved 26 loads.  He also moved a stove for Robinson.  He mentioned shutting up his chickens.  Busy day for an 82 year old gentleman.

Left Panera at 1130, quick shower and then lunch.  After lunch I got in the Taurus and headed out.  Stopped at Meijer’s to pick up prescription.  I then headed to Fox Ford for an oil change.  I picked the perfect time because the waiting time was only 90 minutes.  I took my iPad and had a chance to get caught up.  On way home I stopped at Meijer’s and filled up.  Gas was $2.39.

We left home at 1700 and headed to Shepard’s Grill for dinner.  We each had a bowl of soup.  Shepard’s is a neighborhood bar.  We met several neighbors.  It was snowing hard when we left Shepard’s.

At home we watched the news.  Finished the evening watching an episode of Call the MidWifes.  



No comments: