Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Monday November 12, 2018

Monday November 12, 2018

I have been setting the alarm for 0615, but lately I get up with Ms P which is about 0600.  When Ms P gets up, we get up and take her outside.  Her discharge system waits for no one.  It was a pleasant 35 with no wind.

Nancy has resumed her normal schedule at MVP, except for swimming.  She left at 0703.  After breakfast I unlocked the Bad Boy bike and headed out.  The snow is gone from paved areas so no need for the winter bike.  The leaves are gone so I can see into the wooded areas.  Always looking for critters.  None spotted today.

The Y was crowded today. I think folks want to get ahead on their exercise routine before the Holiday eating season begins.

At Panera read the papers and talked to several men who I knew were veterans.  I asked if they can remember their military service number.  They all repeated it with no hesitation.  Some thing you don’t forget.

This and that;

I was disappointed with PONTUS for missing several Armistice Day events.  It sends a bad signal.  Good grief the President has to perform many duties that he might not like.  

I am totally turned off by the President’s lack of civility.  John Wooden said it best “be nice to people on your way up because you might meet them on your way down”. Sound advice Coach Wooden.

November in Michigan is dark and gloomy.  I am glad we have deer season and Thanksgiving to wash away some of the gloom.

Detroit has always been known as a great sports town.  This year they don’t have much to cheer.  The Lions, Red Wings and Pistons are having less than stellar years.

Today Nancy had lunch with several friend from the Gardens.  They ate at the cafe in Schuler Books.  Nancy loves this cafe.

I called Fox Ford to see if the Taurus was ready.  They did not return my call until 1700.  I told them I would pick up the car tomorrow.

After lunch I got a call from my old boss Dave Despres.  Dave is 92 and can no longer drive.  I think the November gloom must have got to him.  We talked for nearly two hours.  


I completed the afternoon with an apple snack, a nap and walk.  We had a light dinner.  Prepared Nancy’s cheese snack and then filled my wine glass up and settled down to watch some Netflix.  We started with Ozark followed by Scott & Bailey.  

No comments: