Monday, November 5, 2018

Sunday November 4, 2018

Weekend Update for WE 4NOV18

Blog started 11/03 at 1435 sitting in office.

Ms P was up at 0530 so I took her out.  It was a cold 39.  Went back to bed and got up at 0700.

Today we drove to Panera for our Saturday breakfast.  I had oatmeal, coffee, banana and bagel with peanut butter.  Nancy had hazelnut coffee.  After breakfast we drove to Pet Smart to get some meds for Ms P.

At home Nancy started the laundry and I headed out on 12 mile bike ride.  Great day for a ride, sun and temps in the mid 40s.  Saw no critters on the ride but I just looked out the office window and saw a robin.  Must be the dumbest bird in Mi. Snow predicted for next week.

Nancy finished trimming plants.  I took the cuttings and filled up a yard waste bag.  The Township will pick up the bag on Monday.

Tonight we are attending a concert.  The symphony is playing the music of Leonard Bernstein.  We had dinner at the Sports Bar in the Amway Grand Plaza.  As always the Amway like it predecessor the Pantlind have a great burgers.

We attending the preconcert lecture on the program, very informative.  Nancy enjoyed the concert.  I gave it a C+.  We got home at 2230 and after setting our clocks back we headed to bed.

Sunday November 4, 2018

Ms P was not told of the end of DST.  She woke me at 0530.  It was raining and cold, 38.  I headed back to bed and slept until the 0615 alarm woke me.  Nancy is still wearing her boot so I walked around the block solo.  Quick breakfast and then headed to Panera for coffee.  We headed to Trinity Lutheran at 0840.  

For the second Sunday we had the service in renovated Celebration Hall.  Another huge crowd was in attendance.  The Church’s kitchen is back in service so coffee is now available.  Yes folk’s we can drink coffee in church.

Today’s Homily talked about respecting the views of fellow citizens.  Love and forgiveness should guide our daily life.

Stopped at Meijer’s for gas and supplies.  Gas was $2.67.  At home did some modified calisthenics and finished yesterday’s blog before lunch.  I took a nap and then paid bills and walked to mail box.  I needed my rain coat.  It has rained all day.

Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for dinner.  I also had spinach pie, bacon and a croissant.  Good meal.

This evening we watched 60 Minutes and then the Amazon show Grantchester.  The episode we watched was not very good.  

Debbie FaceTimed us this evening.  We got caught up on what is happening in San Jose.  Debbie is coming to visit Thanksgiving.  She gets to GR on Monday the 19th.



No comments: