Saturday, November 10, 2018

Friday November 9, 2018

Friday November 9, 2018

Blog time 1020 sitting in living room

Despite being retired for ten years I still look forward to Fridays.  Today was special because we had snow on the ground.  The temp was at 32.  The snow will continue until 1700.

Today we are having the plumber come and clean out our dryer vent.  Expect them to arrive mid-morning.

I did the calisthenics at home.  I left home at 0730, before Nancy headed to MVP.  Rode the bike to Panera for an oatmeal breakfast.  Left Panera at 0830 and came straight home.  I had to take a towel and wipe the snow off the bike.

The Plumber arrived at 1000.  He spent several hours cleaning the vent.  

Our washer and dryer are stackable with the dryer on top.  They are wedged into what was intended to be a pantry.  The plumber had to move the units out of the pantry closet.  I had an opportunity to vacuum this area.  It was filthy.  I don’t think it had been cleaned in years.  

The plumber installed all new vent piping.  The new vent should last at least as long as we live in the condo.

Nancy ran errands this morning.  When she got home she told me the low tire pressure light had gone off.  After lunch I took the Taurus to the Ford dealer.  They looked at all the tires and found a nail in the left rear.  I was told the wait would be at least two hours.  Luckily I brought my laptop.  I got caught up on my reading.  

Looked around the dealership and almost bought a car.  The 2018 Focus cars have been reduced dramatically.  Since any new car will be a replacement for Nancy’s Taurus I thought perhaps I should check with her.  Oh! the lessons you learn in 53 years of marriage.

The service man told me the damage to tire required a replacement.  Unfortunately they did not have a replacement in stock.  They would get one tomorrow.  I said ok and they drove me home.
At home I vented my frustration by taking a 1.5 mile walk.  It was a brisk walk because the 18 mph wind created wind chills in the teens.

Nancy fixed chicken noodle soup for dinner.  It hit the spot.

We watched the last episode of Endeavor this evening.  I like the show.


Weather folks say accumulating snow this evening.  If fact it was snowing hard when I went out at 2200.

No comments: