Thursday, November 16, 2017

Wednesday November 15, 2017

Wednesday November 15, 2017

Blog time 1010 at Panera

It has been raining all morning and will continue all day.  The temperature will flatline at 41.

Today is my easy day.  At home I did my calisthenics at 50%, showered and walked to Panera.  I wore my rain gear.

Today is the first day of the fire arms deer season.  Deer season was a big deal in Alpena.  Boys got an excused absence from school.  Sorry girls, guys only.  

My Dad belonged to a hunting camp called the Doctor’s Club.  Dad would spend days getting ready for camp, including buying a case of liquor to take to camp.  The camp hired wives of local farmers to fix meals.  I spent several weekends at camp and found it a great guy thing.  My mother and her friends called “Hunter’s Widows” would play bridge nearly every night.  I don’t think Deer Season is a big deal anymore.  In some ways it is sad.

The Daily Mail usually has some racy photos.  I am reluctant to open them at Panera.  I don’t want fellow patron’s think I am a dirty old man.  The DM did have a mean turtle story today.

PM May of UK blasted Russia for meddling in their elections.  Their claims against Russia are serious and the examples are scary.  Why hasn’t any country retaliated especially the US.

Nancy is working at the Gardens this afternoon.  I have a 1300 appointment with my Sleep Doctor.  Yes that’s right, Sleep Doctor.

The GOP is proposing adding an amendment to the ACA to their tax plan.  Dumb, just do the tax plan and don’t muddy the waters.  The amendment is to remove the ACA’s mandatory enrollment provision.  Good grief mandatory enrollment would lower costs.  You need healthy folks in the program to pay for the unhealthy.  Mandatory enrollment in car insurance programs is aimed at lowering premiums.

Hard rain on my walk home.  Changed clothes and then a light lunch before heading out for my appointment with the Sleep Doctor.  Actually I did not meet with the Sleep Doctor but with his Physician Assistant.  Normally I would be mad being assigned to his assistant.  That is not what I am paying for.  However, the assistant was very knowledgeable and pleasant.  She took the time to explain my particular Sleep Apnea and how to read the data my CPAC machine sends to my internet account.  I will give her a good grade.

As soon as I got home I did a load of laundry and took out the trash and recyclables.  I did take a short nap.

Nancy got home early from the Gardens because of the rain attendance was low. I finished my outdoor activities with a walk around the block.  

Light dinner tonight followed by some news watching.  We watched recent episodes of NCIS and Major Crimes before turning in.


No comments: