Friday, November 3, 2017

Thursday November 2, 2017

Thursday November 2, 2017

Blog time 1135 at Panera

The rain stopped early this morning.  It was mild, mid 40s, when first went out.  Pavements were wet so I will take my Bad Boy bike because of it wider tires and great disk brakes.

Sunrise not until 0820 so I did the calisthenics at home.  Will start going to the Y on Monday because DST ends Sunday.

Noted a lot of bare trees on my ride this morning.  Every depression was filled with water.  Mid 40s is perfect bike riding weather.

News has reported that both Spacey and Weinstein have entered treatment.  Is this a cop out?  

The Daily Mail this morning had some great photos from their archives.

The US Army was segregated until the 1950s but during WW I there were Black troops involved in combat.  Great photos.

The DM also had great photos of Cheyenne Warriors involved at the Battle of Little Big Horn.  Once again a great photo gallery.

As soon as I got home we headed to Costco.  Cheese, breads, grapes, paper towels, chicken soup, gummy fiber pills and Nancy’s prescription were purchased.  I have concluded that Thursday is Senior’s day at Costco.

This afternoon I up graded my iPad and iPhone operating system.  Also wrote a note to the Grandkids.  I always include a $2 bill.

Finished outdoor activities by walking to D&W to mail the letters and buy stamps.  It is 0.9 mile to D&W.

This evening we had planned on having dinner with the Horlings but Karen called this afternoon and said she was down with the flu.  Instead Bob and Nancy had dinner at my favorite neighborhood restaurant, Shepard’s Grill.  I had a lake perch sandwich with wine and Nancy had a bowl of soup.  Great perch!

Finished reading the GRP and watching news.  Actually I fell asleep at 0700 and slept soundly for exactly one hour.  Finished the evening watching Major Crimes on TNT.


No comments: