Monday, November 20, 2017

Sunday November 19, 2017

Weekend Update,

Sunday November 19, 2017,  1630 at home

Saturday November 18, 2017:

It is suppose to rain all day but for a two hour break between 0800 and 1000.  We took advantage of the break and walked to Panera.  Temp was in mid 30s on our walk but we were dry.  Oatmeal, banana, bagels and coffee for breakfast, our standard Saturday morning breakfast.  We also walked home in the dry.

Nancy started the laundry and I got out my LL Bean 27 year old storm coat and took it to the dry cleaners.  I like this coat because it is long, waterproof and super warm.  LL Bean no longer sells this coat.  It was raining hard when I headed out.

After dropping off the coat I headed to Woodland Mall.  I was going to sit at Starbucks and read the papers.  Changed my mind because I didn’t need more coffee.  I decided to become a Mall walker.  I walked two miles.

At home I did some chores before lunch.  After lunch I watched some of the UM/UW game before taking a nap.  I did watch the final minutes of the game, grim.  I think I am a curse for UM.  When I watch more than a quarter UM gets beat.

I did watch some of the MSU/Maryland game.  The game was played in East Lansing under blizzard conditions.  MSU won.

Nancy fixed soup and a burger for dinner.  Good meal for a rainy day.

We were going to watch Doc Martin on Acorn but I could not get on.  We called Acorn support and were told they would get get right back.  Never happened!

We watched an episode of Wanted on Netflix.  Debbie FaceTimed us this evening.  She wanted to know what kind of clothes to bring Monday.  Warm coat.

Sunday November 10, 2017

Finally the rain has stopped.  We were at the Y when it opened, 0800.  Nancy swam and I did my calisthenics and ran/walked a mile.  Stopped at home to put our church clothes on.  We attended the 1000 service at Trinity Lutheran.  After church we headed to Meijer for supplies and gas.

We encountered light snow most of the morning.  I did walk around the block before lunch.  Took my Sunday nap and then retired to the office.  I found the status of my Acorn account and will call tonight to resolve matter.

Nancy is fixing her world famous scrambled eggs and ham for dinner.  I will take a short walk before dinner.

Finish reading the GRP and watching 60 Minutes are on our agenda for this evening.

Memories from the 40s and 50s:

Favorite cowboy movie stars, Johnny Mack Brown and Hopalong Cassidy.

Favorite comic books, Looney Tunes and Captain Marvel.

Favorite radio shows,  It Pays to Be Ignorant,  Mr Keen Tracer of Lost Persons,  Hawaii Calls and the week’s top twenty songs on WGN.

First radio show I listened to,  The Adventures of Squeaky and Sputter on WJR Detroit.


No comments: