Thursday, December 22, 2016

Wednesday December 21, 2016

Blog time 0930 sitting in Starbucks at Breton Village

Breakfast Club Wednesday, up at 0545 and get ready. Temps were in mid 20s when I left this morning. I am still surprised at the traffic on the interstate at,0630.

Big crowd at BC. Today I sat between two 90 year old members. Today is my old boss, Dave Despres, 90th. Yes folks both 90 year old members drove. Scary?

Today is the winter solstice. We have only nine hours of daylight. The good news the days will start getting longer. Spring can not be far away.

Walked around Breton Village and then headed to the Y for a swim.

The pool was crowded but I did get a lane. Swam 1,000 yards.

It has been cloudy all the temperature hovered around the freezing mark, 32.

I thought with the warmer weather Ms P would like a walk. No luck. I put on her jacket and started our walk but she refused to move.

I walked around the block. It is Wednesday so I emptied the waste basket and took it to the curb. In winter weather I also take our neighbor's trash to the curb.

The birds have been eating up a storm at our feeder so I had to fill it up. I put a salt block in our backyard for the deer. They have finally found it. A lot of tracks around the salt block.

Nancy is working at the Gardens this afternoon.

I took a short nap this afternoon. Veronica called and gave me an update on all their activities. Busy, busy, busy. Parenting is a young persons game. She told me to expect a package on Saturday.

I finished my outdoor activities with another walk around the block. I have been wearing my ice grippers on all my walks.

PE Trump got elected by voters in the Rust Belt (Great Lakes States) and yet he risks alienating them with his appointment of all the Billionaire Wall Street types to his staff.

Light dinner tonight followed by the news and Netflix/Acorn.

I got my thirty minutes in today, I hope you did too.





No comments: