Friday, December 9, 2016

Friday December 9, 2016

Blog time: 1130 at Panera

Another cold winter day with temps in the 20s all day.

Bundled up with my winter wardrobe. I started wearing long underwear and snow boots for my outside walks. I also am wearing suspenders. I am too cheap to buy smaller pants so the suspenders do the trick. Good grief long underwear and suspenders sure sign I am an old man.

Daylight hours in selected cities
Grand Rapids 9h 5m
San Jose. 9h 39m
Tucson. 10h 5m
Edinburgh. 7h 6m

John Glenn was a true American hero. I remember just before selection of the Mercury astronauts that John Glenn started running two miles a day to get his weight down. His fitness helped get him selected. I think he was the only astronaut without a BS degree.

As soon as I read about Glenn's running I started running two miles a day. I have been running ever since.

The left is having a hissy fit over PE Trump's appointment. Rollback of the burdensome regulations is in the cards.

MI 6 the head of the UK's intelligence agency warns of Russian cyberattacks.

Snowing heavy on my walk home. Grabbed Ms P and started walking. She did not want to walk so we set a record pace.

It is now 1725 and still snowing. Tonight we are going out for Mexican. We usually walk but tonight we will drive.

La Laguna is a small strip mall restaurant but they have the best Tamales in town.

Tonight will be a Netflix/Acorn evening.

No comments: