Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Tuesday March 8, 2016

Log time: 1718

Good grief it is mid-March and the temperature in GR is warmer than San Jose, LA area and Tucson. No long underwear today.

I pumped up my bike tires this morning before taking off on my six mile ride to the Y. Once again I over dressed. It might take a while for me to figure out what to wear on mild spring days.

I was surprised that I was the only bike in the Y's bike rack. I did the calisthenics and ran 12 minutes.

The talk today in the locker was about our El Nino winter and what type of weather we will we have this summer. Does cold summer follow a warm winter? Nobody knew!

Today is election day in MI. Many articles on the election. I am tired of the primaries already.

The Flint water problems still dominates the news. As I said before the crisis was a Civil Engineering failure.

I often wonder is the North Korean government stable? Kim Jong Un seems a loose cannon.

I hope the problems in Brazil are solved before the Summer Olympics.

As soon as I got home we all went on a 1.5 mile walk. Great day for a walk.

After lunch I walked over Macatawa Bank to straighten out a credit card problem. Problems solved in less that 5 minutes.

I wanted to get some questions answered by Social Security so I got in the Cobalt and drove to their office. As I was walking in a man leaving said "I hope you got time" because he had to wait two hours to get his questions answered.

The SS office was jammed. Folks waiting to just get a number had been in line for over an hour. Not a good sign so I picked up a brochure and decided to get my questions answered on-line.

I did take a short nap. Nancy is fixing ham for dinner tonight.

I just checked my Great grandfather Sanborn's diary for this date in 1938. It was zero and clear in the morning but 34 at noon. The March sun has some warmth. GGF did not mentioned if the smelt were running in the Devil's river, Ossineke, MI.





No comments: