Saturday, March 5, 2016

Saturday March 5, 2016

Log time 1930:

The winter does not want to end. It was 19 degrees with 1/2" of new snow on the ground when Nancy and I walked to Panera. We had bagels, sourdough, coffee and oatmeal. We encountered a light snow on the walk home.

Nancy and I did some juggling of funds to pay for our Ireland trip. I walked to Macatawa Bank to make a deposit. I continued on to the Cascade library. I found a comfortable chair and got out my iPad and read the WSJ. The Cascade Library was very busy. It acts as a community center.

Not much new news in the WSJ today.

Both the Democrats, Clinton and Sanders, are not young. Sanders is 74 and Clinton will be 69 at election time. Trump is 69. What happened to the youth movement.

The corruption scandals in Brazil and Malaysian involve billions of dollars. I would like to think scandals of this size would not happen in the US.

Free speech is taking a dive in China and Turkey.

I had a quick lunch and then retired to the office. I cleaned my desk and wrote short notes to family. I walked to the post box on Charlevoix and mailed the notes. Ended the afternoon with a short nap.

Tonight Nancy fixed chili for dinner. We tried watching House of Cards on netflix but we could not open it. We are now watching the new episodes of Midsomer Murder. Debbie just facetimed us and we are catching up.

Speaking of talking to family Nancy talked to Missy and AJ this afternoon.

I did get my 30 minutes in today. Hope you did too!

No comments: