Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Tuesday March 29, 2016

It was a cold 30 I took Ms P out this morning but I could see the sun rising in the East. Good sign!

Today I took my bike to the Y. I used the bike app on my Apple watch to measure the mileage to the Y. It is 5.5 miles.

I did my calisthenics at 100% today for the first time in about a week. I also strapped my iPhone to my arm and used the watch's indoor running app to measure the distance and time. I was surprised that the watch's distance was 1.15 miles vs the Y's official 1.0 miles. I will have to check to see how the Y measures the distance. The track has three lanes and I used the middle lane.

I was running late this morning and I got to Panera about 1120. The lunch crowd was arriving so I had to wait for my coffee.

The FBI has cracked Terrorist's iPhone without Apple. Will they tell Apple how they did it? I don't think so. Apple was right.

South Dakota is attempting to have a ballot initiative eliminating political parties. I don't think it will pass.

Nebraska has a nonpartisan unicameral legislature. Michigan has talked about a part-time Unicameral legislature but it has not gotten very far.

I do like the way CA determine the candidates in a general election. The top two vote getters in the primaries regardless of party are on the ballot. So you could have a choice of voting for two democrats or two republicans or one from each party. In GR we would probably have two republicans. I would like this because I could vote against our current representative. He is too right wing for me.

The President of Turkey is visiting the USA this week. The President is snubbing him. I really think this is petty. Turkey is an important Middle East ally. The President has no problem meeting with Raul Castro or the Premier of China.

On my way home from Panera I ran into Nancy and Ms P on a walk.

I had a quick lunch and then Nancy and I headed to the Apple store. I took my laptop in to have them straighten out a password problem. It took about five minutes. It appears I toggled on a wrong condition when upgrading the operating system.

I took a long nap this afternoon. Nancy is fixing chicken cordon-blu (spelling?) for dinner. Before settling down I will take a walk around the block. We will read the GRP and watch NCIS this evening. Lately we have been watching Harry Bosch on Amazon Prime. I like this show.

Slowly it is warming up. We have about 13 hours of daylight.

No comments: