Monday, March 7, 2016

Monday March 7, 2016

Log time: 1930

The temperature last night never got below 32. It was 39 at 0800. I did not know how to dress for my walk to the Y. I chose to be prudent, put on long underwear. Not a wise move.

It was 50 degrees when I left the Y for Panera.

Tomorrow is election day in MI. I already voted for Kasich. Most folks say he does not have a chance.

Sad to hear about Nancy Reagan's passing.

Iraq is a mess. The Sunnis don't trust the Shiites and neither like the Kurds. However, the USA thinks the Kurds are the good guys. It is a real mess. Meanwhile ISIS still holds Mosul. What is our National interest? I think we should just get out.

The WSJ had an interesting article on Europe' social security type pensions. They are all underfunded and the problem will just keep getting worse because of their aging population. In Europe there are 42 folks over 65 for every 100 workers. In the USA it is 24. Most countries fund their pensions out of their general fund. After paying the pensions not much left over for running the country.

At home Nancy and I got in the Taurus and ran errands. First stop was Ace Hardware to buy a 20# bag of bird seed. Next we headed to Costco. We bought peanut butter, wine, Cheerios and cheese. Nancy and I eat more peanut butter than any other food.

As soon as I got home I took Ms P on her daily walk. The temperature was now 59.

After lunch I walked to Macatawa Bank to get a new debit card. Next stop was at Sam the Shoeman. I wanted a new zipper on my raincoat. He looked at it and put in a stitch and declared it fixed. No charge.

I did take a short nap before dinner. We had a light dinner. Tonight we will watch Major Crimes.

Another mild night with temps in the high 40s. Tomorrow's high temps will be in the high 60s.

No comments: