Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sunday March 13, 2016

Log time 1722, Sunday

Week end update:

Woke to dense fog on Saturday morning. Nancy and I walked to Panera for breakfast.

For first time this year I took the Ada Dr bike route. It is 12 miles and has two killer hills.

Took Ms P on her walk.

Spent time in my office cleaning up and skimming the WSJ.

Took a short nap. At 1800 Nancy and I got in the Taurus and headed downtown.

We had dinner at the new Wolfgang Puck's in the Amway.

We attended a Celtic concert put on by the GR Symphony. We gave it a lukewarm B. If they had not sung Danny Boy and When Irish Eyes are Shining we would have graded it a C-.

Sunday March 13: We remembered to reset our clocks so we got up in time. However, it was dark at 0745 when we left for the Y. I swam 1,000 yards in 30 minutes and Nancy did the same.

Gas is up to $1.91 at Meijer's. Since Fresh Thyme has opened Nancy has been purchasing a lot of their fresh fruits and vegetables. Our shopping cart was not too full this morning.

Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast. I read the funnies before taking a nap.

It has rained all day so Ms P does not want to go outside. I took a solo 3.5 mile walk.

I watched the end of the MSU game. Good to see a MI team win. Yesterday and Friday I watched some of the UM game. The IU game was fun but Purdue was a blow out.

Nancy is fixing butternut squash soup and ham sandwiches for dinner. Sounds good.

The all day rain has brought earth worms to the surface. The Robins are having a feeding frenzy.

Trivia from the past. 1940 was my first leap year. In 1956 we were still playing hockey outdoors. In 1956 about this time I bought a $1 ticket (#13) on a jeep. I won the jeep. It was a 1941 jeep that was made by Ford. During WWII Ford also made jeeps. I drove the jeep from Mi to Ca. Good memories.

No comments: