Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday November 1, 2013

It was dark and windy when I headed to the MAC at 0530. I got to the MAC at 0600 and the parking lot was full. After mu routine I headed to the Kava House. It was 0810 and I had to turn my bike lights on. Kim was cleaning the house this morning so I took my time reading the WSJ. I did have a realtor approach me at the Kava House and wanted to know if I wanted to sell our house. Our neighborhood is a hot market right now. Nancy and I have thought about selling but we are not quite ready. The WSJ had an article about a historical event that happened on this date in 1963. President Diem of South Vietnam was overthrown in a coup. It was a bloody event. I was there 50 years ago. LTJG, CEC, USN R.H. Scott was working at the Deputy Officer in Charge of Construction, South East Asia. Our main office was in Saigon. We noted something was wrong when Vietnamese soldiers started setting up machine guns on our street. The whole operation lasted about 24 hours. When I got home Kim was still cleaning. Nancy had made a beauty appointment for Ms P for noon. We got in the Taurus and headed to the beauty shop. Nancy picked her up at 1430 while I took a nap. At 1630 Nancy and I headed downtown to the Art Museum for an exhibit on American Landscape Artists. We met Mary and Ed Namey at the museum. After viewing the exhibit we walked over to GR Brewing for dinner. The food was good but it was very noisy.

No comments: