Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tuesday November 12, 2013

Today is Jury duty day. This morning is the coldest morning of the season. The temperature was 23 when I left at 0700. I did stop at the Kava House to pick up a small coffee. It was really cold walking across the Grand River. I think there were over 200 folks who reported for duty. We were given an introduction, roll was called and then we waited. The first selection of jurors was about 60 folks. We waited for a another selection but about 1030 we were told to go home and our jury duty was over. I drove to the MAC and got my swim and calisthenics done by 1230. I drove to Breton Village to check at Fitzgeralds to see if a pair of pants I ordered were in. They were not. I also grabbed a coffee at Starbucks. I took a short nap after lunch. The Vet yesterday said it was very important that I keep taking Ms P on her mile walk. So I did as the Vet said. It was really cold on our walk so I grabbed a scarf and headed out on a two mile walk. The sun was in the southern sky and did not have any warmth. The leaves are almost off all the trees. Tomorrow I will spend several hours raking. Tonight is a good TV night. We also get a paper copy of the GRP. Drinking wine watching TV and reading the paper is a good way to spend a cold night. Who says I cannot multi task? November 11 & 12, 1938, Ossineke, Mi: GGF Sanborn worked at the Post Office on the 11th. Maybe in 1938 the USA did not celebrate Veterans Day. On the 12th GGF worked part time at the Post Office and then hauled 4 loads of manure. Life was simple 75 years ago.

No comments: