Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Tuesday November 6, 2013

It rained all night and it was still raining hard when I got ready to go to breakfast. I got in the C2 and headed to a new breakfast place. it is called the Trailhead Cafe. It is run by the owners of GR Bike Company. I gave it a C-. The pancakes were small as were the eggs. It was overpriced. Bill's keeps looking good. It was still raining when I got home. I headed upstairs and started catching up on my magazines. I am now up to date with SI and ENR. I spent all afternoon reading. I read a fraternity magazine from Alpha Sigma Phi. I was a member. In the back of the was a list of Brothers who had passed away, William Rockershousen. Bill had a younger brother who was also a fraternity brother. Both Rockershousen brothers were on US Air Force scholarships. Bill was call "big rock" and his younger brother "little rock". They were notorious party animals. Both brothers were stationed in Vietnam in 1963. The last time I saw "Big Rock" was 50 years ago when he was leaving the Navy Exchange with a case of beer on his shoulder. Oh the things you find out on a rainy afternoon. The only exercise I got today was a two mile walk in the late afternoon. We had a light dinner and then watched the news. Right now we are watching a rerun of "Castle". Bed time is not far off.

No comments: