Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday November 17, 2013

Sunday, 1726: I am sitting at the kitchen table writing this blog in the dark. We had a big storm roll through about 1500. We immediately lost power. It was pitch black with thunder and lightning. The weather folks said the winds would reach 70 mph. I think we probably had 50mph winds. Ms P went bonkers so we put her thunder jacket on. It seemed to work. I just walked outside and the entire neighborhood is still without power. However, the storm has passed because I can see a nice sunset. When the power went out I poured Nancy and me a glass of wine. We sat in the back room and did some reading. Nancy on her ipad and me on my Kindle. Sunday morning started normally. We were up at 0655 and headed straight to the MAC. We were in the pool by 0800 and done by 0845. The weather was still mild, 60, and no rain in sight. We did not go to Meijer’s because we did not want to get caught in the storm. I bought our coffee at Kava House. I took Ms P on her mile walk before the rain starts. Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast. 1750 the power can on! Nancy is fixing soup and pulled beef sandwich for dinner. We will watch some news before heading upstairs. Saturday November 16: We slept in this morning. I got on the cruiser and headed to Bill’s for an oatmeal breakfast. After breakfast I came right home and walked over to GR Bike to pick up my hyrid. I have a new transmission and brakes. I pedaled around Reeds Lake. I spent a good part of the afternoon raking leaves. I did watch the end of the UM game. It was exciting. I drove Nancy to Coldwater Creek in Woodland Mall. We stayed home for dinner. I purchased a sub. I watched football before heading upstairs.

No comments: