Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wednesday March 27, 2013

Today is my easy day. I did go out at 0430 and decided a nice day was in store. The moon was bright. I did not get up for real until 0815. Last night I spent too much time reading my Pancho Villa book. Pancho was heading for Douglss, Az. I rode my bike to Bill's for their All American breakfast. After Bill's I rode around Reeds Lake. I did notice a number of fishermen out on the lake. The temperature is suppose to get to 50 today. I would not venture out on the ice. After my ride I spent some time trying to figure out who installed our water heater. I did not find out. I do know the heater was built in 1990. I called Penning Plumbing to come out and check the heater. The said they would arrive at 1400. The first thing th Penning man said was the everything was wrong. The heater was shot. The heater and our gas fireplace were not installed properly. The bottom line was that he estimated is would cost $2,000 to install a $500 heater and bring everything up to code. I paid him for a service call and then called several other plumbers to give me an estimate. The man did not give me a warm fuzzy feeling. I walked Ms P around the block and then pedaled my bike to GR Bike Co in Gas Light Village. They are taking the snow tires off and tuning the bike up. I walked home. Nancy worked at the Gardens this afternoon. She said they were really busy. Many schools up north had spring break so a lot of kids were visiting. It was also a nick sunny day. We each had a TV dinner for supper tonight. They have not improved TV dinners since the 50s. Not much on TV so I might head upstairs early to see if Pancho makes it to Douglas. This day 75 years ago in Ossineke, Mi. Great grandfather said that it was mild with a high of 50. He stayed home all day and listened to the radio. He commented that the roads were getting better.

No comments: