Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thursday March 21, 2013

The cold weather continues. We got a thin layer of snow last night. I had to shovel the drive and walks. I drove to the MAC today. I set another PB in my 1,000 yard swim, 29'. After the MAC I drove to Breton Village. The WSJ had an article on Michigan's Right to Work law. The law does not take effect until next week. Several schools including the UM and Wayne State have recently approved multi year labor contracts. The RTW law will not apply to these contracts. Some Republican legislators are mad and claiming the schools are not playing fair. What do you expect idiots! They want to cut funding to the schools. Intelligence is not a criteria for holding elective office. The DFP had an article on the trial of two folks attached to the Detroit Police and Fire Pension fund. They robbed a lot of money from the funds. Is anyone watching these funds? Nancy had a luncheon today. Tonight we are going to Great Lakes Shipping for dinner. Before we go, I am walking to the Harmony to get my growler filled with beer. Think Spring!

No comments: