Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday March 17, 2013

Weekend Update: Saturday March 16, 2013. When I went out at 0500 we had about 1/4" of wet snow. I shoveled the drive and walks. At 0830 I got on my bike and rode to Bill's for an oatmeal breakfast. All the roads were snow covered but I had my super duper steel studs on my bike tires. I had time to read the WSJ. After breakfast I rode around Reeds Lake. I was surprised to see so many fishermen on the Lake. I would think at this time of year the ice would be pretty thin. Last year the temperature was in the 70s and today we got snow. Go figure. As soon as I got home I watched some of the Big 10 BB tournament. I did spent some time in my office reading and paying bills. My driver's license expired this year and all I had to do was mail in a check. No test or anything. I thought they were going to get tough on senior drivers. The sun came out about 1600 and I asked Nancy what she wanted to do. Nancy wanted a nice juicy hamburg. We got in the Taurus and headed to Woodlawn Mall. The place was packed. We spent about 45 minutes looking around and then headed to the Red Robin for a burger. The burger was good. After dinner we watched some TV. Missy and AJ facetimed us and we enjoyed talking to them. Later we got a facetime call from Alessandra and we spent time talking to the Scott Team. I like facetime. When Ms P and I went out at 2200 the moon and stars were out an indication that we would have a cold night. Sunday March 17, St Patrick's Day. We got up at 0655 and headed to the MAC. The temperature was 25. We needed sunglasses. We both swam 1,500 yards. I had another PB, 44'30". Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for breafast. I did take my afternoon nap. After the nap I did some exercises and walked Ms P around the block. I then took a 2.25 mile walk. Tonight we will read the GRP and watch 60 minutes before heading upstairs. Saint Patrick's Day 1956. I remember St Pat's day in 56 because it was the first time a parent bought beer for friends of her son. Jerry Kendziorski invited several of us over to his house to play cards. His mother provided green beer. A local bakery made green bread on St Pat's day. Mrs Kenziorski made baloney sandwiches on green bread. It was a great night. I even think I won $2. The things one remembers.

No comments: