Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thursday March 7, 2013

Spring is coming folks. The temperature was above freezing all day. Ms P did not wake me so I slept in until 0700 today. Despite the late start I got to the MAC at 0900. Today is my tri day so I swam 1050 yards. Nancy also went swimming and she also swam 1050 yards. After the MAC I headed to Breton Village to read the papers. I read several articles on Venezuela's Hugo Chavez and what his death means to the area. I looked up the population of Venezuela, 29,300,000. I was surprised it was that small. Columbia, it's neighbor, has 47,000,000 folks. Both the WSJ and DFP had articles about the proposed emergency financial manager for Detroit. Detroit is a mess. After a quick lunch I took Ms P around the block. Nancy headed out for a doctor's appointment. After the walk I went upstairs and did some work on the family tree. I am concentrating on the Rayburn family. My great grandmother Scott was a Rayburn. I did find out that the Scott and Rayburn family emigrated to Caledon, Ontario from Scotland. My branch of the Scott/Rayburn family left Caledon and settled near Hubbard Lake, MI. I met my dad's first cousin, Robert Rayburn, in the early 80s when he was visiting Alpena. He stayed with Dad. Robert, a retired US Army Lt Col, lived in Ireland. I also found some great photographs from Grandfather Scott's lumber camps in MN. Tonight we are goint to Great Lakes Shipping for dinner. Before we headed out I walked to the PO to mail some letters. We left GLS about 1830 and the sun was still out. It will be even brighter next week with DST. It is now 2034 and I will head downstairs to watch "Person of Interest". I think I will also have a sip of scotch. I have been drinking Springbank which is made in Campbeltown, Scotland, the birthplace of great grandfather McTavish.

No comments: