Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday March 10, 2013

Weekend Update: Saturday March 9 and I decided the roads were dry enough to ride my bike. I rode to Bill's for an oatmeal breakfast. It was a pleasant ride because we had no wind and the temperature was near 40. After breakfast I rode the bike around Reeds Lake. I was pedaling down Wealthy when my phone goes off. I pull over to the curb and take the call. I had a facetime call from Grandson Lucas in CA. I showed them some of the snow on the ground. I talked Lucas, Alessandra and Steve. Facetime is so great because you have a real time picture of the family. Folks must have spring fever because there was a steady steam of runners and walkers going around the Reeds Lake. I spent most of the afternoon working on the Scott/Rayburn family connection. I composed and sent an email to Rosalie Rayburn in New Mexico. Around 1600 I walked Ms P around the block and then showered and shaved and got ready for dinner. Tonight we met the Namey's at the Spinnaker. The place was not very crowded. The food was excellent. Nancy and I commented after dinner why we don't go to the Spinnaker more often. After dinner we drove to the Nameys for dessert, coffee and conversation. It was a pleasant evening. We got home about 2130. I watched a western on TV before going to bed. Sunday March 10. Despite the time change we got up in time to head to the MAC for our swim. It was very dark when we left at 0730. Every lane in the pool was filled. Nancy and I both swam 1,500 yards. We did not have to go to Meijer's this morning so I drove Nancy home and then drove to the Kava House for coffee. I stopped at the Eastown BP and got gas. Gas has dropped to $3.75. Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast. I took my Sunday nap. Ms P and I started our walk and got 1/2 through when it started to rain. We were wet when we got home. I got an email today from Rosalie Rayburn. Rosalie gave me some Rayburn family information that was very useful. The most important being that Rosalie's dad and my father were 2nd cousins and not first cousins as I assumed. Her father graduated from Alpena High in 1925 and from West Point in 1933. Rosalie was born in San Diego and then at 9 moved to France. Rosalie attended boarding school in England. They moved to England and lived there until 1971 when her father bought a farm in Ferns, Ireland. Rosalie and her brother both graduated from Trinity College in Dublin. She has lived in Scotland, Norway, Houston, Saudi Arabia and Australia. She now lives in NM. The Rayburns fled Scotland because they were Quakers. Pretty interesting! This evening Nancy is fixing beans and rice. We will read the GRP and watch 60'. At 2000 I will watch the "Bible" on the History channel.

No comments: