Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday March 11, 2013

It was dark with temperatures in the mid 40s at 0800. I rode my bike to the MAC. The roads and sidwalks were 90% clear of ice and snow. After the MAC I headed to Starbucks in Breton Village. The WSJ began the first of a series of articles on claims against asbestos funds set up by bankrupt Asbestos firms, especially John Mansville. Todays article detailed how lawyers and some con artists are plundering the fund. Asbestos was considered a great material when I was young. The material was fireproof and was widely used for roof shingles, insulation in homes, car brake lines and for insulating high pressure steam lines in ships. Folks who worked directly with asbestos on a daily basis ended up with badly damaged lungs. Death was often the result. The wide spread use of asbestos was banned many years ago. Unscrupulous folks are raiding the fund. It was a good article. I left Breton Village at 1230. I had a quick lunch and then Nancy and I headed downtown to meet with our financial advisor. The meeting lasted 90 minutes and I think we got some good advice. I walked Ms P around the block before coming upstairs to work on this blog. Tonight the temperature will drop below freezing with snow possible. I will have a TV dinner for super. We will watch some TV before heading upstairs.

No comments: