Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday March 4, 2013

Today would be my mothers 106th birthday. She was born in 1907. March 4 prior to 1933 was Inauguration Day for the new president. I remember my mother's birthday in 1943. My dad was working for the US Army and was stationed in Chicago. He sent my mother a big birthday package. I don't know what he gave mom but he wrapped the gift in the funny papers from the Chicago Tribune. I spent hours looking at the funnies. Happy Birthday Mom! Today was another bright sunny day. We still have a nice covering of white snow. I don't think the temperature got above 32. We are expecting a big snow tomorrow. We have had some really big storms in March. At lot of folks were taking advantage of the nice weather by taking a walk. The sidewalks are still icy but the streets are clear and dry. I just got back from a 2.5 mile walk. This morning I did my normal Monday exercise routine. I drove to the MAC but I bet next Monday I will be able to use the bike. After the MAC I stopped at Breton Village to read my papers and drink coffee. This afternoon I had a denist appointment. I got a cleaning and quick checkup. Every thing is ok. Tonight we are deviating from our normal routine by having TV dinners. We will watch the news and do some reading before heading upstairs. 75 years ago on this date in Ossineke, Mi my great grandfather Sanborn noted that it was 0 in the AM. He drove to Alpena and both 300 bulbs. He paid $1.70 per 100. It warmed up to 20 by evening.

No comments: