Saturday, February 11, 2012

Thursday February 9, 2012

I had to get up at 0430 to do my bidness so I took Ms P out to do her bidness. Nancy is still under the weather so she is not going to the MAC today. It was below freezing this morning but the sun was out when I got on the bike and pedaled to the MAC. I was ahead of schedule but I spent over 40 minutes talking to other retired folks. So much for a schedule. I did the tri today and then pedaled to the Kava House. I read several articles on the situation in Syria. It looks like Turkey might make an effort to get Assad to step down. If they succeed this will be a real feather in their cap. The President has really made the Canadians mad by rejecting the KL pipeline. Canada might sell this oil to China. I really think the President does not want any fossil fuel development. He is still funding an electric car manufacturer that might not open the 2500 man factory in Delaware that they promised when excepting a big loan. Electric cars get their power from coal fired plants. Go figure. Will they ever find the money missing from MF Global accounts?

I did not get home until 1315. I had a quick lunch and then headed upstairs. Yesterday I started to purchase a Death Certificate for my great grandmother McTavish. Alpena County has contracted with a service to provide this data. I started ordering the certificate when they asked for my SS#. I stopped and canceled out or at least I thought. They sent me an email asking for me to complete the application. I called them and said no way are they getting my SS#. I called Alpena County and they said that all I had to do is write a letter and they will send me the certificate.

Nancy had to attend a 1600 farewell party for a gift shop worker. I decided to walk over to Harmony Brewery and get a beer. The place was crowded and most folks liked their beer and pizza. Last time I went I had their most popular beer. Today I had beer number 2. It was also good. I hope the place makes it. Since I was Eastown I stopped by the Subway and got a sub for dinner. I had my sub and watched the news. Nancy got home at 2000. We watched a "Person of Interest" and then went to bed.

No comments: