Monday, February 13, 2012

Sunday February 12, 2012

Today is Abe Lincoln's birthday. We use to make a big deal out of his birthday when I was in grade school. We would cut out silhouettes of his head on black paper and paste is to a white sheet of paper. I think Lincoln and Washington deserve a special place in our history. They are examples of the right person at the right place at the right time.

Ms P got up at 0500 and outside we went. On these cold mornings she does not dilly-dally. I went back to bed and got up with the alarm at 0656. Nancy is still under the weather so I got in the C2 and headed to the MAC. I swam 1500 yards. After the MAC I filled the C2 up with gas at $3.33 per gallon. I then stopped at the Kava House and got Nancy a scone and coffee. I also got a scone and coffee. Nancy made a list of groceries that we needed and I got in the Taurus and headed to Meijer's. I filled the Taurus up. In cold weather it is important to keep the gas tank full to avoid condensation in the tank. Meijer's was crowded and it took awhile to fill the list. When I got home I had some toast and then headed upstairs for my Sunday nap. It is now 1600 and since it is a nice sunny day I am going on a walk. I have to get my 30' in.

I walked 3 miles and it was a perfect winter's day. We had beans and franks for dinner tonight. We watched 60' tonight and I read the GRP. I prefer the GRP's email edition to the paper copy. We both headed to bed at 2030. Nancy is still fighting her nasty cold.

No comments: