Friday, February 17, 2012

Thursday February 16, 2012

It was 37⁰ when Ms P and I went out at 0500. The average low for this date is 20⁰. I did my morning at-home routine without a hitch. The only problem I have is that the TV downstairs only gets NBS and no cable stations. So I must watch the Today Show and its endless stream of commercials while I am rowing. Nancy is still under the weather so she is not going to the MAC today. I got on my bike at 0830 and pedaled to the MAC. The pavement was clean and dry.

At the MAC I ran my 1.5 miles and swam 750 yards. The pool was crowded this morning but I lucked out and did not have to share a lane. After the MAC I pedaled over to Breton Village to have my coffee and papers. The WSJ had an article on gas prices going to $4.00 per gallon by Memorial Day. Gas prices in GR have remained stable at about $3.44. I am so tired of political stories that I usually bypass them. I am a little concerned about the tax increase proposed by the President. He wants to raise the capital gains tax and also the inheritance tax. Why am I not concerned about Iran and its nuclear program? The DFP had another article on the continuing saga of the Ambassador Bridge. It seems that the Owner has finally decided that he will built his end of the project connecting the freeways with his bridge. The Judge made him spend a night in jail for noncompliance. Even billionaires have to obey the law.

After a quick lunch I headed upstairs to read my mail. I then got in the C2 and headed downtown to talk with our stockbroker. I also stopped at "Martha's Vineyard" to buy some wine and a bottle of single malt scotch. We are having two couples over for dinner Saturday night. Tonight Nancy and I are headed to Great Lakes Shipping for dinner.

We both had the prime rib sandwich at GLS. At home we read the GRP and watched "Person of Interest". At 2200 we headed upstairs.

No comments: