Saturday, October 23, 2010

Thursday October 21, 2010

It rained last night but this morning is suppose to be sunny and cool. I got up at 0650, got dressed and pedaled to the MAC. It was very dark and I cannot wait for DST to end. Today I rowed for 12 minutes and ran for 18 minutes for 30 minutes of aerobics. This is the most minutes since the face plant. The sun was out when I left the MAC but the wind was very strong. I was glad I had plenty of layers on.

I read both the WSJ and DFP at the MAC. The WSJ had an article on an unintended consequence of the Feds new health care bill. It appears that a large company could save money by dropping its health insurance and having their employees join a State's uninsured health pool. The company would pay a fine of $2000 per employee but it would still result in a cost saving for the company. I think the Health Bill was too complicated and tried to be all things to all people. How many legislators read the over 2000 page bill?

When I got home from the Kava House I had a quick lunch and then started installing the new digital TV boxes. Of course I needed more extension cords than I had in the house. Nancy wanted me to go to the post office to mail some packages so I walked over to the PO. On my way home I stopped at CVS and bought more electrical connections. I called Comcast to get the TVs activated. Everything is working well.

Nancy attended a 1600 Wine and Cheese party for the hospital guild. She got home about 1800 and we headed for Great Lakes Shipping. The place was empty. I had a chicken salad sandwich and Blue Moon beer. At home I read the GRP and then headed upstairs to finish my blogs.

No comments: