Friday, December 25, 2009

Thursday December 23, 2009

Christmas Eve. Missy heads to work and I walk to the Caribou for coffee and to read the DFP and WSJ. I selected the Caribou because when I arrived at the Blackbird it was 0655 and not yet open. However, the parking lot was full of folks waiting for the store to open at 0700. I thought it would take to long to get my coffee so I selected the Caribou.

When I got home Nancy and Akerke were ready to go shopping. No sooner had we pulled out of the drive Akerke fell asleep. We stopped at a local grocery store for some supplies and then the Dollar Store. When we got home we loaded Akerke into her stroller and I headed to a local bakery. It is about a mile to the bakery. Once again Akerke fell asleep as soon a I got to the sidewalk. It was cold but she seemed comfortable. I purchased some bread and then headed for home. After lunch Nancy put Akerke down and she fell asleep again with no problem.

Missy did not work a full day and got home in the early afternoon. Nancy had me clean and stuff the turkey. First time this year I had stuffed a turkey. After this exhausting work I took a 1 hour walk. I walked to the metropark.

We had our formal Christmas Eve dinner. We had turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, potatoes and salad. It was great. We finished off the dinner with home made cookies.

Missy gave Akerke her bath and then we watched some TV. Nancy went to bed at 10 but Missy and I stayed up until 1100. It was a great Christmas Eve.

No comments: