Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday December 11, 2009

Nancy and I started the day shovelling snow. We got about 3 inches over night. The temperature today was in the teens. After shovelling I completed my at home exercises and then got in the C2 and headed for the MAC. I am pleasantly surprised how well the C2 performs in snow. After the MAC I go to Berger Chevy and pick up a set of floor mats for the C2. I end the morning at the Kava House.

Today's DFP continues its reporting on the recently released test scores for Detroit's 4 and 8 graders. Detroit has the honor of having the lowest test scores ever recorded for the tests. It is very discouraging. The DFP also reported that 52% of adults in Detroit are functionally illiterate. The bad news continued for the city. A deputy mayor under Kilpatrick was charged with taking a $50,000 bribe. It is sad because Detroit was a great city and I had many college friends who were graduates of the Detroit school system. Their high school education was considered superior to most high schools in Michigan.

After a quick lunch I checked my email and when Nancy got home for the hospital we head to Costco. The parking lot at Costco was jammed. It is the holiday season and they had plenty of free samples available.

I spent the rest of the afternoon on my community project. Tonight Nancy and I headed to Great Lakes Shipping for dinner. The place was jammed. Luckily we found a table. We sat next to a couple that Nancy knew from one of her classes at the MAC. They were fun to talk to. In fact I will have to tell Steve that they knew Jim Waybright from GRHA hockey. Max Waybright was on one of Steve's hockey teams.

It is not suppose to snow tonight so we will not have to shovel tomorrow. I cannot go for a bike or kayak ride so I think I will go for a short run. Tomorrow afternoon Nancy and I are going to the Hush Puppy store in Rockford. I hope everyone got their 30 in today.

No comments: