Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday July 30, 2008

Last night we had an electrical storm blow through. It made a lot of noise but produced little rain. Today started cloudy and very humid. It ended sunny and warm.

After breakfast I packed up the kayak and headed to Evart about 100 miles northeast of GR. Evart is on the upper reaches of the Muskegon River. I thought this stretch of the river would be more primitive than downstream sections. Boy was I disappointed. Both banks of the river had cottages.

All summer I have been looking for bald eagles. Eagles have been seen all over Michigan. Eric, Jennifer and other engineers have seen eagles on various bridge sites. Alas I have not seen 1 eagle. Today I did not even see any deer.

On my way home I purchased a pizza to eat at home. I have some laundry to get done before Nancy gets home.

Tuesday is primary day in Michigan. We have several active races. TJ the Kirkwood's cousin is running for the State House. One of his opponents stopped by the house tonight. His name is Tietsma and his wife is Megan Burns (I think). I wish I had a grammar check.

Tomorrow after I get my oil changed I am heading for Whitehall to ride the Whitehall to Hart Trail. The trail is about 22 miles long. The total trip will be 44 miles (I can still do math). I am taking my road bike.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting news about TJ.

have a great 44 mile ride!

Anonymous said...

You sure have been eating a lot of pizza since you have been a bachelor :)