Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday July 10, 2008

July 10th was hot and very humid. Performed my daily routine at home while waiting for the garage door repair man to come. At 1100 Nancy gave home to take over the repair man watch. I went to lunch with Jennifer Dougherty, President of Scott Civil Engineering Company.

After lunch I drove to Action Glass to get my rear window replaced. I took a book along. The book is called "Paris 1919" it is about the peace conference after WW I. Great book.

When I got home I called the garage door people and they promised Friday AM. Yeah sure!

Being Thursday Night, we headed to Great Lakes Shipping to sit outside, eat and listen to the band. It is now 9:30 PM and very humid.

I have my Grandmothers log from her 1925 trip to Europe. Family legend has it the Grandmother was in Paris when Lindbergh landed. I googled Lindbergh and found out his transatlantic flight was in 1927.

No comments: