Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday July 12, 2008

Saturday started with heavy showers. After breakfast it was still raining so I visited 2 bike shops. I was looking for a fat tired 27" bike that I could use in town and on unpaved trails. It is a sad commentary when today's salesmen do not know a potential buyer when he walks in the door. At both stores they had a bike that I would have purchased with just the right sales pitch. No such luck.

After my unsuccessful venture in purchasing a new bike, I figured it had stopped raining so I threw the kayak in the car and headed for the Knapp Street access on the Grand River. I kayaked for 2 1/2 hours. No deer or other critters were seen today.

After kayaking I took a bike ride on my road bike. The ride was around Reed's Lake.

Nancy and I had dinner at the Green Well, a new pub on Cherry Street. Nancy gave the pub a C and I gave it a B+. The sun is out and perhaps I can talk my bride into a walk around the block. See ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't buy another bike - you don't need one!!! I like the restaurant ratings - you should make that a regular feature. Maybe you could also rate the books that you read so we will know whether or not to bother reading them :) Debbie

Tasha Kent said...

sounds like it was a busy day.