Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday July 26, 2008

Another sunny warm summer day. I started to ride my retro to Wolfgangs for breakfast when I remembered I had a flat tire. I walked. After breakfast I loaded up the retro and headed to the bike and lawn mower repair shop on Fulton. They replaced the tube. While I was waiting for my bike I noticed Henry Erb of channel 8 leaving the coffee shop. We were very civil to one another. 30 years ago Henry was always on my case regarding the garbage crisis in Kent County. Time heals all wounds.

I loaded up my kayak and headed for the Flat River. I put in on South County Line Road and paddled 2 hours upstream and 1 hour down. The river was very clear and I saw lots of fish, turtles, and water birds. I also saw a muskrat and a raccoon in the middle of the river digging for clams.

After kayaking I decided to tackle the lawn. It took over 3 hours to complete. According to my Men's Health mag I burn 492 calories per hour using a push mower.

Since I burned so many calories I decided to have a beer and burger for dinner. I visited a new pub in Gas Light Village. The pub gets a c-. The food was over priced and the pub was very noisy.

Tomorrow I have to stop by the office to give some advise on a retro project. I think after the office I will try a new bike trail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have gone to the Cottage Bar - they have the best burgers :)

Anonymous said...

if you get a flat again, have them check the tape on the wheel rims. That could be given you the snake bites.