Friday, December 10, 2021

December 9, 2021

 Thursday December 9, 2021

Blog time noon at Panera

Up this morning at my default wake up time, 0700.  Sun does not come up until 0802.  

Nancy headed out at 0815 for a class at MVP.  Later she is having lunch with the Garden volunteers.

Morning temps were below freezing but a warm up is coming soon.

Today I will start Christmas shopping.  Also try and buy a fruit cake.  What is more Scottish than a Christmas fruit cake.

After my oatmeal breakfast I jumped in Fusion and drove to the Y.  The Y was busy this morning.  Folks must be starting an exercise routine to compensate for Holiday binge eating.

Calisthenics, row, and mile walk before showering.  Panera was not crowded this morning.  Bought my coffee and baguette before starting my morning read.

This and that:

Alpena News reported this morning that the High School and Middle School are closed today because of a plausible threat.  The parents of the kids making the threat should be held responsible and jailed and fined.  

Most days at Panera I talk to two regulars.  Both are Navy vets. Today I wanted to know where I should buy a fruitcake.  They both agreed on Gordon’s.  Gordon’s is across the street from Panera.  On my way home I stopped at Gordon’s and bought a fruit cake.  It looks good.

Yesterday I talked about my Great Aunt Laura Bingham’s famous fruit cake.  I was wrong she was famous for her home made Christmas Peanut Brittle.  My Sister Helen got me straight.  Aunt Laura used a special marble slab and a secret family recipe.

Before lunch I made a quick trip to Meijer’s for a special cheddar cheese.  Also filled the Fusion up.  Gas prices have dropped $0.35 in the past week.

Lunch and then put out food for deer and birds.  Got to keep the critters well fed.

This afternoon I wrote my monthly note to Grandkids.  Walked to post box to mail them. It took me 25 minutes to walk a mile.  Slow, slow, slow!

For dinner tonight I had a bowl of soup with blueberries.  Also oatmeal cookies for dessert.

Debbie FaceTimed this evening.  She found out some information on our old neighbor. 

We watched an episode of “Murder in Paradise” tonight.  Check of Courtyard this evening proved everything ok.  

It was 35 when headed to bed.  This temperature will not drop tonight.  Above freezing temps for the next several day.







No comments: